For dirt bike enthusiasts, a set of brake clamp tools can provide certain significant advantages. However, choosing the right brake clamp tool may not always be the easiest task, as there are a plethora of options available in the market which may confuse the buyer and cause them to make a poor purchase decision.
Hence, before buying a brake clamp tool, you must do your homework and understand the different functions and features of this product. Only then will you be able to make comparisons between all the available options and arrive at a conclusion based on all the data you have gathered from the market. The different varieties of brake clamp tools all have something to offer the customer, and you must also understand your own needs and preferences to make the optimal buying decision.
Choosing the Right Brake Clamp Tools for Dirt Bikes
For our part, we have compared hundreds of products in this category and narrowed them down to a list of a handful of features which you should look for when buying these tools for your dirt bike. Several well-known brands offer these products, so you can check out the online reviews left by old customers, who had previously bought such a tool from any given brand. This will help you further narrow your search and focus solely on companies with an admirable track record of customer satisfaction.
You must also consider carefully whether or not you have any specific needs as a biker, which would make a particular feature more important to you than others. For instance, if you like driving on rough terrains and your bike gets overturned frequently, you might consider buying brake clamp tools that are more durable than the norm. Other features you might need are portability, cost-effectiveness, etc.
Some Salient Features to Look for When Buying a Brake Tool
- Functionality and Minimalism: Dirt bikes are driven over rough, off-road terrain, so the brake clamp tools needs to be light, functional, minimalistic, and pragmatic in design. For instance, the disc pad spreader should make it easy for the driver to reset the piston to ensure that brakes are well-maintained and the vehicle is safe. The best brake clamp tools are also simple and easy to operate. A minimalistic brake clamp tool will also be more portable and easier to transport when traveling.
- High-Quality Materials: A brake clamp tool is, of course, only as good as the materials that were used to manufacture it. A product made from substandard materials cannot deliver high performance. Hence, you should choose brake clamp tools made from a mixture of high-quality carbon steel and chrome vanadium steel for optimum quality. This is because carbon steel is very durable and suitable for heavy usage. When reinforced with chrome vanadium steel, the resultant product is likely to be extremely sturdy and reasonably well-crafted.
- Ergonomic Design: The design of the brake clamp tools you buy is almost as important as the materials and craftsmanship. To begin with, you must ensure that the tools were designed to be comfortable and ergonomic in nature. An ergonomically designed brake clamp tool will help reduce the amount of stress borne by your hands, preventing carpel tunnel and other similar health issues. Moreover, such a tool will also help minimize the amount of fatigue you experience after a full day of biking.
- Resistance to Wear and Tear: The expected durability of the brake clamp tool is another factor you should definitely keep in mind when buying. Even a cheap product can end up putting a dent in your wallet if you have to spend money on repairs and replacements every few months. To ensure that this is not the case, you should buy tools that are corrosion resistant and low-maintenance. Remember to find out how many adapters the product comprises of. Moreover, your brake clamp tool should be able to handle the compressing of front pistons that do not necessarily require any twisting.
- Hi-Tech Elements: A modern brake clamp tool should offer the latest amenities and features to be worth its price. So, find out the type of adapter it has, the assembly technique it requires, and whether or not it is DIY-friendly. The product should also come with a brake caliper tool kit and a left-hand thread windup. Also, you should learn in advance which types of vehicle your brake clamp tools can safely be used on. Ideally, you should try to purchase brake clamp tools from a brand that regularly updates its products to include the latest features.
Now that you know the features you should be looking for when buying a set of brake clamp tools for your dirt-bike, you should do some extra research to learn about the best and most reputed brands which offer high-quality products within a reasonable price range. This will enable you to enhance the performance and longevity of your two-wheeler to a great extent.